Essence Health & Research
Lift UP Campaign & FundraisingDrive!
DRIVING AWARENESS OF FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION IN COMBATING CHRONIC DISEASE AND MENTAL HEALTH CHALLENGES.
Goals for Health 2023 is kicking off in the New Year with a two month Life UP Campaign during January and February to help spread the awareness of the Functional Nutrition Approach and the power of Clinical Nutrition to help a wide range of medical conditions from autoimmune disease, food sensitivities, digestive issues, weight concerns, emotional eating, to mental health. You may be called to get the free services offered to those who qualify or you may be called to make an investment in this worthy cause to help lift up people who are struggling with better healthcare solutions to help transform our medical system to provide better answers.
Our country has one of the highest rates of chronic disease in the adult population and mental health conditions are on the rise as well. Functional Nutrition approaches help find the root causes of these conditions, symptoms, and difficulties by looking at medical history, nutritional deficiencies, the function of the gut, heavy metal toxicity, environmental stress, brain chemistry, genetics, psychological health, coping patterns, and more to tie together your complex health picture to find answers AND to heal from the inside out. When healthcare practitioners are committed to finding the real answers and patients are committed to do the correct work to overcome medical struggles, we can transform our communities and country from being overwhelmed by the chronic disease and mental health crisis into a vehicle of answers, healing, and thriving.
Essence Health & Research wants to pave the way for a deeper transformation, and here is your chance to get the help you need if you are struggling and to make an investment in this cause so that healthcare gets better and people feel better using the right techniques to get breakthrough.
Lift UP Campaign Details
During January and February 2023, Essence Health & Research (EH&R) will serve the eastside cities with free Clinical Nutrition services with each person who qualifies receiving a Clinical Nutrition Evaluation and One (1) Follow Up Visit. If you fit the qualifications below, please reach out to Jennifer Coomes (Executive Director of EH&R and Clinical Nutritionist providing services) at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your appointment!
1. You MUST be able to finish your Clinical Nutrition Initial Evaluation and One (1) Follow Up Visit during January and February 2023. The initial evaluation lasts about 90 minutes. The follow up visit lasts about 60 minutes.
2. You MUST have a copy of your most recent blood labs from an annual physical or doctor's visit from the last 3-6 months (no older if you want to get the free services).
3. You MUST be able to do a portion of your Clinical Nutrition Initial Evaluation IN PERSON at the Sammamish, WA office for vitals, body composition, and urine analysis. You can do all other elements of the initial evaluation and the follow up visit through Telehealth if you wish.
4. You MUST abide by Covid-19 protocols and wear a KN95 or N95 for in person visits. A KN95 mask can be provided if needed.
5. You must fill out all New Patient documentation regarding HIPAA protection of records, liability forms, medical history, and food diary forms. This will be provided for you in a HIPAA protected electronic records server where you will receive emails to guide you through forms and tasks to complete.
6. You must be willing to be safe and respectful in your actions and not come to any in person sessions with weapons or intent to cause harm. The goal is to create a safe, welcoming, and inviting environment for all patients.
7. At this time, the new patient needs to be English speaking or have someone who is English speaking to translate.
After your Clinical Nutrition Initial Evaluation is complete, you will receive a report regarding your evaluation, your nutrition/lifestyle plan, and your Functional Blood Chemistry (FBCA) analysis. A follow up visit will be scheduled to explain all results and the plan so you can work with the Clinical Nutritionist on your next steps and commitments. Further services would need to be purchased.
If you cannot fit in these requirements but you would still like services with Essence Health & Research, the Goals For Health 2023 program will also be offering $50 off specific Clinical Nutrition Services all year when you bring in a copy of your most recent blood labs from your doctor. Click here to learn more about this program. You can also purchase the Clinical Nutrition Initial Evaluation and Follow Up Visit for $100 as a LIMITED TIME SPECIAL with no other discounts allowed.
Would you like to make a food or crisis item donation?
Look below for items and reach out to email@example.com to arrange your donation and pick up in the Sammamish/Eastside community within a 10-20 mile radius.
NONPERISHABLE FOODS/CRISIS ITEMS NEEDED:
• Alternative Milks (Almond, Coconut, etc)
• Soups in Cartons (think Trader Joe’s)
• Garden of Life My Kind Organic Vitamins (Adults or Kids, these are whole food and are low risk for families)
• Electrolyte powders (single serve, low sugar)
• Organic Fruit Purees in pouches
• Tea bags (herbal, green, white, or decaffeinated)
• Dehydrated fruits and trail mixes
• Hand sanitizer
• Masks (Adult and children)
• Toothpaste (natural if possible)
• Deodorant (natural if possible)
FOOD CARDS ACCEPTED!!!
Any area food card is welcome as they are put into the Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to help with purchases of perishable foods.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NONPERISHABLE/CRISIS ITEMS:
Please contact Jennifer Coomes by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 425.505.3090, or by PM (Facebook). You can drop off in Sammamish or pick up can be arranged in Eastside cities.
FOR MONETARY DONATIONS:
If you are a non-Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one or recurring donation to Essence Health & Research through Donorbox by clicking HERE or copying and pasting this link to your internet browser: https://donorbox.org/fundraising-drive-for-essence-health-and-research-project-thrive
If you are a Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one time or recurring donation to Essence Health & Research through your Benevity Employee Matching Program. Look up Essence Health and Research Foundation.
Essence Health and Research Foundation (EH&R, Essence Health & Research) is a Sammamish, WA, USA 501c3 nonprofit that serves WA state with clinical nutrition and yoga services for individuals and families who can pay for services and those in medical and financial need for free or low cost. EH&R also does clinical research where people from the community can benefit from innovative research that can help improve standard of care options for health care.
These services are based on a functional medicine/nutrition model and are specialized services based on food sensitivities, medical conditions, and family needs. This could include clinical nutrition services, public health and cooking classes, emergency nutrition/crisis kits, yoga classes, and more. In order to do this, funding has to come in from our community and grants to make all of this possible. It starts with you, so what better way to serve those in need than to help everyone stay healthy in this season and the new year!
THANK YOU for participating in this critical fundraising for Essence Health & Research! It helps EH&R provide these important services and without your help, these services could not reach those in need. Your support in 2020 helped to provide Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to families in need in the Sammamish area as well as helped out the Swedish ER staff in Issaquah, other first responders, and a women's shelter for those homeless and their children. In 2021, Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits went out to many more families in need along with sharing a presentation on PTSD and its relationship to Metabolic Syndrome along with critical biomarkers and nutritional interventions.
In 2022, Essence Health & Research was able to publish another clinical research project on Hyperlipidemia and develop an important nutritional protocol for PTSD and other chronic diseases associated with Metabolic Syndrome. More expansion of the in-house supplement dispensary is also available along with new natural product formulations for immune system health.
The New Year of 2023 brings more promise in expanding on more clinical research, nutritional protocol development for chronic diseases, and endeavors to bring more awareness of functional medicine/nutrition models of care to help with autoimmune, chronic, and mental health conditions. Your support is invaluable and everything helps. Please consider an investment in Essence Health & Research to help this 501c3 nonprofit give back more to the community and improve upon healthcare innovation in the year ahead!
I hope we connect during the Fundraising and Food drive for Essence Health & Research!
Jennifer Coomes, DCN-c, CN, MSCRM, MS, MS, BA, E-RYT
Executive Director, Essence Health and Research Foundation