Project Thrive Food & Fundraising Drive & Summer Auction!
July 11-31st, 2021
DROP OFF in Samammish or PICK UP in Eastside cities
Purpose: To raise critical funding and specific nonperishable food donations for individuals and families in need in the Sammamish & Eastside community during the Covid-19 pandemic. Funding raised will help provide Project Thrive services such as clinical nutrition services, public health education, emergency nutrition/crisis kits, crisis relief, and yoga services at no or low cost along with helping to pay for the nonprofit operating expenses for third quarter of 2021.
NONPERISHABLE FOODS/CRISIS ITEMS NEEDED:
• Alternative Milks (Almond, Coconut, etc)
• Soups in Cartons (think Trader Joe’s)
• Garden of Life My Kind Organic Vitamins (Adults or Kids, these are whole food and are low risk for families)
• Electrolyte powders (single serve, low sugar)
• Oatmeal (gluten free, low sugar if possible)
• Elderberry syrup or gummies (no alcohol if possible)
• Organic Fruit Purees in pouches
• Tea bags (herbal, green, white, or decaffeinated)
• Dehydrated fruits and trail mixes
• Gluten free pastas, bread, cereals, pancake/cake mixes
• Pasta sauces (organic, low sodium if possible)
• Hand sanitizer
• Masks (Adult and children)
• Toothpaste (natural if possible)
• Deodorant (natural if possible)
FOOD AND GAS CARDS ACCEPTED!!!
Any area food and gas card is welcome as they are put into the Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to help with purchases of perishable foods or gas.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NONPERISHABLE/CRISIS ITEMS:
Please contact Jennifer Coomes by email at , by phone at 425.505.3090, or by PM (Facebook). You can drop off in Sammamish or pick up can be arranged in Eastside cities.
FOR MONETARY DONATIONS:
If you are a non-Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one or recurring donation to Project Thrive through Donorbox by using this link:
If you are a Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one time or recurring donation to Project Thrive through your Benevity Employee Matching Program. Look up Essence Health and Research Foundation (Project Thrive).
For every $10 worth of monetary or nonperishable food/crisis item donations, you will have 1 Raffle Ticket that can be used towards any of the raffle items mentioned. The Raffle Drawing will take place on August 1, 2021, and the winners will be notified by email or phone. Please be sure to share your contact info with any donation to ensure you can be considered for the raffle!
Thank you for participating in this critical fundraising and food drive for Project Thrive! It helps Project Thrive provide these important services and without your help, these services could not reach those in need. Your support in 2020 helped to provide Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to families in need in the Sammamish area as well as helped out the Swedish ER staff in Issaquah, other first responders, and a women's shelter for those homeless and their children. In 2021, the positive impact is planned to go much larger and these donations are the foundation. Thank you so much for your support!
I hope we connect during the Fundraising and Food drive for Project Thrive!
Jennifer Coomes, CN, MSCRM, MS, MS, BA, E-RYT
Executive Director, Project Thrive