Better Health Fundraiser for Project Thrive
Goals for Health 2022 is kicking off the new Better Health fundraiser for the New Year to help raise money for the 501c3 nonprofit, Project Thrive (Essence Health and Research Foundation), by holding clinical and culinary (cooking) nutrition classes as well as yoga classes with Jennifer Coomes, CN, E-RYT! With the pandemic testing our spirit, health, patience, and more, it's time to time to put our immune system first and build both our toolbox up with education, knowledge, practices, and recipes for Better Health!
Tuesday, Dec 28, 2021, Inflammation & Pain Nutrition & Cooking Class, 5-6pm
Sunday, Jan 2, 2022, All Levels Yoga, 11am-12pm
Tuesday, Jan 4, 2021, Trauma Nutrition Nutrition & Cooking Class, 5-6pm
Sunday, Jan 9, 2022, All Levels Yoga, 11am-12pm
Saturday, Sept 3rd, FREE Nutrition Focused Physical Exams (NFPEs), 9am-5pm, call 425.505.3090 or email Jennifer@essencehealthandresearch.com for appt.
Saturday, Sept 10th, Reading Your Blood Labs, Mini Online Class, 1-2:30pm, $20, Click here to purchase and register for class
Saturday, Sept 17th, Benefits of the Alkaline Diet, Mini Online Class, 1-2:30pm, $20, Click here to purchase and register for class
Saturday, Sept 24, Autoimmune Support Group, 1-3pm, $10, Click here to purchase spot and register for group
Saturday, Oct 1st, FREE Nutrition Focused Physical Exams (NFPEs), 9am-5pm, call 425.505.3090 or email Jennifer@essencehealthandresearch.com for appt.
Saturday, Oct 8th, Reading Your Blood Labs, Mini Online Class, 1-2:30pm, $20, Click here to purchase and register for class
Saturday, Oct 15th, Benefits of the Alkaline Diet, Mini Online Class, 1-2:30pm, $20, Click here to purchase and register for class
Saturday, Oct 22nd, FREE Nutrition Focused Physical Exams (NFPEs), 9am-5pm, call 425.505.3090 or email Jennifer@essencehealthandresearch.com for appt.
Saturday, Oct 29th, Autoimmune Support Group, 1-3pm, $10, Click here to purchase spot and register for group
Here's how it works.
1. Look at the Class Schedule above. More classes will be added throughout the year.
2. Pick one or more classes you want to attend online to learn more about the topic, cook along, take yoga, or just listen and have fun.
3. Register for the class or event you want to attend with the link or info provided.
4. Make a commitment/date to attend the classes you want and check your email for more information (including a handout if appropriate) and an online class link.
5. Get ready to get in that kitchen if you're taking a nutrition/cooking class or create a sacred space for yoga to enjoy taking a great step into health in 2022!
Are you too busy to attend a class but you'd love to make a fully tax deductable donation? Click HERE to make your donation and thank you!
Would you like to make a food or crisis item donation? Look below for items and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your donation and pick up in the Sammamish/Eastside community within a 10-20 mile radius.
NONPERISHABLE FOODS/CRISIS ITEMS NEEDED:
• Alternative Milks (Almond, Coconut, etc)
• Soups in Cartons (think Trader Joe’s)
• Garden of Life My Kind Organic Vitamins (Adults or Kids, these are whole food and are low risk for families)
• Electrolyte powders (single serve, low sugar)
• Oatmeal (gluten free, low sugar if possible)
• Elderberry syrup or gummies (no alcohol if possible)
• Organic Fruit Purees in pouches
• Tea bags (herbal, green, white, or decaffeinated)
• Dehydrated fruits and trail mixes
• Gluten free pastas, bread, cereals, pancake/cake mixes
• Pasta sauces (organic, low sodium if possible)
• Hand sanitizer
• Masks (Adult and children)
• Toothpaste (natural if possible)
• Deodorant (natural if possible)
FOOD AND GAS CARDS ACCEPTED!!!
Any area food and gas card is welcome as they are put into the Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to help with purchases of perishable foods or gas.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NONPERISHABLE/CRISIS ITEMS:
Please contact Jennifer Coomes by email at email@example.com, by phone at 425.505.3090, or by PM (Facebook). You can drop off in Sammamish or pick up can be arranged in Eastside cities.
FOR MONETARY DONATIONS:
If you are a non-Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one or recurring donation to Project Thrive through Donorbox by clicking HERE or copying and pasting this link to your internet browser: https://donorbox.org/fundraising-drive-for-essence-health-and-research-project-thrive
If you are a Microsoft employee, you can make a SECURE TAX DEDUCTIBLE one time or recurring donation to Project Thrive through your Benevity Employee Matching Program. Look up Essence Health and Research Foundation (Project Thrive).
Project Thrive (Essence Health and Research Foundation) is a Sammamish, WA, USA 501c3 nonprofit that serves WA state with much needed clinical nutrition and yoga services for individuals and families in medical and financial need for free or low cost. These are specialized services based on food sensitivities, medical conditions, and family needs. This could include clinical nutrition services, public health and cooking classes, emergency nutrition/crisis kits, yoga classes, and more. In order to do this, funding has to come in from our community and grants to make all of this possible. It starts with you, so what better way to serve those in need than to help everyone stay healthy in this season and the new year!
THANK YOU for participating in this critical fundraising for Project Thrive! It helps Project Thrive provide these important services and without your help, these services could not reach those in need. Your support in 2020 helped to provide Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits to families in need in the Sammamish area as well as helped out the Swedish ER staff in Issaquah, other first responders, and a women's shelter for those homeless and their children. In 2021, Emergency Nutrition/Crisis Kits went out to many families in need, and there's more to come in 2022!
I hope we connect during the Fundraising and Food drive for Project Thrive!
Jennifer Coomes, CN, MSCRM, MS, MS, BA, E-RYT
Executive Director, Project Thrive